The Care Plus® Water Filter is a multi-purpose water filtration system. Micro-fibrous tubes (0.1 micron absolute) filter up to 375,000 litres and capture harmful bacteria and protozoa. It filters up to 1.7 l/m from any freshwater lake, river or stream. The filter can be attached to the included squeeze pouch, standard disposable water bottles or hydration packs. Or use the straw to drink directly from your water source. Each filter can be backwashed to extend its life. The ultra-light water filter weighs only 65 grams when wet.
How it works
Based on technology used in medical dialysis, the 0.1 micron absolute filter uses a cluster of micro-fibrous tubes. Water is drawn through the side walls of the tubes into their hollow centre and out through the end of the tubes, while harmful bacteria and protozoa are trapped on the outer walls of the tubes.
Contents: 0.1 Micron absolute hollow fibre membrane filter, one 500 ml reusable squeeze pouch, cleaning plunger (syringe), filter tip cap, drinking straw and instructions.
1. Initial wetting. Be sure to squeeze the water through the filter slowly the first time, giving the filter fibres time to fully saturate.
2. Unscrew cap/filter from pouch.
3. Fill pouch with water.
4. Screw cap/filter back on.
5. Wipe off any dirty water from pouch.
6. Open push-pull valve on cap/filter.
7. Squeeze pouch and dispense the water or sip through push-pull valve.
8. Close push-pull valve when finished.
9. Clean (see backwash)
10. Store (see how to store).
How to clean/backwash:
1. Remove cap/filter from pouch.
2. Remove push-pull cap.
3. Fill syringe with clean water.
4. Place tip of syringe on opening from which you have removed the push-pull cap.
5. Aim filter away from yourself.
6. Vigorously squirt water from the syringe into the filter.
7. Repeat several times.
How to store:
Before storing your filter, we recommend that you clean it once again. Use Care Plus ®Hadex to disinfect the water for backwash usage. Allow to air dry and then store in a cool, dry place (above 5 °C) or store wet and clean before using. Warning: filters cannot be exposed to water above 60 °C.
Tips: Care Plus® offers a wide range of products that contribute to optimal hygiene while travelling, with a focus on rehydration, water purification, and personal hygiene.